Thursday 3 July 2008

How it all began...

In 2007 I walked and photographed the lesser-known streets and avenues of Paris in search of beauty in the everyday. Each Thursday morning I emerged from a different metro station in the 10th, 18th, 19th and 20th arrondissements to take photos of a city as it appeared to me. Behind every image is a story of something that did happen or something about to happen. Some of the stories exist, people in the street related their tales to me. Some of the stories are imaginary...

Some very good friends helped me select which of the 3000 photos I should use for a 33 image solo exhibition in Liverpool in May 2008. The reviews were excellent!

Now the photos have returned for the first time to Paris - where they truly belong.

I am staying in Montparnasse with a lovely friend, Vicky, and her family. Her mother's amazing double height, wood panelled, light-ridden apartment is host to my exhibition in a week's time. From now until then I am involved with the Paris Writers Workshop - looking after guest speakers, developing publicity materials, welcoming new registrants and attending a couple of classes.

In addition both my photos and I are to appear in a film by Thomas Rudolph, featuring Sherry Stringfield (from ER) which starts shooting on Sunday this week. This is fun!!!

No comments: