Thursday 10 July 2008

Mon conseileur d'image

In the first half of Tuesday I suffered a bruised ego. My writing (or rather note taking from the journal entries) from 2001 was heavily criticised as lacking both context and characterisation. Maybe I have taken on too much...

In preparation for Thursday I joined John Baxter's Walking Tour which was being filmed with Sherry as part of the group. Tom carried an enormous camera on one shoulder and saw the afternoon through one eye set flush against an eye piece. He tripped over a lot of obstacles. It was cold. The film crew were tired and even a glass of wine while sitting on John's wonderful balcony overlooking Notre Dame, the Sacre Coeur and St Sulpice did not appear to inject them with new enthusiasm.

I collected what I thought I was going to wear for Thursday and took it Margaretha. She poured us a glass of champagne each and then wrote a list; event description, clothes, weather, accessories, makeup, jewellery, shoes... 

By 9pm we were through. Clothes - white linen trousers, grey top, beige cashmere cardi. Make up - none (an error I think in retrospect). Bag - none. Jewellery - Kate everyday jewellery inspired by a Spanish sculptor. M, S and I went to Le Petit Pontoise for dinner.

No comments: