Tuesday 8 July 2008

Reading in the afternoon

On Sunday morning I ran one of the beautiful Paris circuits that we developed when we lived here - it involved going under the Eiffel tower, along the Seine, through the Tuileries and then I got delightfully lost in the streets of the 7e and 6e until I eventually found myself back on Boulevard du Montparnasse and therefore "home". Vicky and Pascal leave tomorrow for Ile de RĂ© so I spent some quality time with them and then headed out - still ravenous - for registration at Forum 104 which are the rented premises for the Paris Writers Workshop this coming week. I totally acknowledge that without PWW I would not be here now.

John Baxter, Sherry Stringfield and Patrick McGilligan read excerpts from various pieces of literature on Sunday afternoon to welcome the attendees for the subsequent week of the Paris Writers Workshop. As I entered the garden at Forum 104 I saw Tom and Coco both filming the reading, both trying hard to ignore the miniature waterfall making more noise than you would ever think possible behind them. 

My job was to meet and greet. I added in a personal "promote" to go with the postcard in each individual pack. I need an audience next Thursday and this was one of my opportunities to "woo". I wooed as many people as I could.

No comments: