Thursday 3 July 2008

Publicity and Opportunity

Without publicity, there is no audience, without an audience an exhibition stands little chance of success. I also need to remember that I am promoting Sebastian's talk on July 4th. The Paris Writers Workshop classes for this week are being held at WICE on 20 bvd Montparnasse. I walk up there armed with posters for both of our events and with postcards for mine.

As soon as I arrived I saw the image on the ground - it was too beautiful and required some exploring. It is part of an old boiler that was being dismantled. This section is only a tiny part of it - the whole boiler is almost a living entity. I just loved the shape. I was invited to the cellar to see the dying machine and got some great photos.

Inside WICE I put up multiple posters and also inserted a postcard invitation to TOSOP inside every welcome pack for next week's attendees. I am back there tomorrow morning to take photographs of people for next year's publicity for the event. 

No comments: